Old May 16th 12, 01:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Don Johnstone[_4_]

Default Kestrel DG200 canopy mod.

At 13:31 12 June 2009, jsbrake wrote:
But wouldn't putting winglets on the bird invalidate the Type
Certicate?

I've been toying with the idea of the double-panel spoiler
modification, but I've been told that my TC would be gone and I'd be
in the "owner maintenance" category. I'm not sure that that's a good
idea.

I can understand upgrading the brakes and canopy not interfering with
the TC, but wouldn't the winglets be a structural change, and thereby
invalidate the TC?

As an aside, my TC states that my Kestrel must be "all white", with
blue-grey (or similar light) registration marks. I understand that it
was written in the early days of FRP, but would it be allowable now to
put bright red anti-collision accents on the extremities?

There is an official double paddle mod for the airbrakes, it was held on
Gliderpilot.net for a long while. It is a very simple mod.