Old July 9th 03, 06:33 PM
Gary L. Drescher

"Cecil E. Chapman" wrote in message
. ..
Anyone considering getting MSFS should wait until the new version comes
out later this month.

The earlier post got me checking,,,, yours is a great suggestion because
2004 is supposed to come with some IFR features!

Even the earlier versions are great for IFR practice. Airports, nav aids,
and terrain are realistically depicted. You can set cloud ceilings/types
and visibility/precipitation (or you can automatically download real wx
conditions) for somewhat realistic transitions to visual during the
approach. As of FS2002, there's been a built-in ATC as well, but the FS2004
ATC is supposed to be much better (as is the weather model).

--Gary

Good Flights!

Cecil E. Chapman, Jr.
PP-ASEL

"We who fly do so for the love of flying.
We are alive in the air with this miracle
that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"

- Cecil Day Lewis-

My personal adventures as a student pilot
and after my PPL: www.bayareapilot.com
"Gary L. Drescher" wrote in message
"John Clonts" wrote in message

Cecil E. Chapman wrote in message
. ..
I really can't say since I've never used those program in that

capacity.
Do
these other programs provide similiar features to the one I

mentioned?
really don't know for sure....

Pretty much, yes. MSFS is quite a bit cheaper, though the replay

features
are not quite as robust as On Top. But I gave up on On Top because it
doesn't use standard drivers and wouldn't configure for my preferred

game
controller...

I've never used On Top, but the replay features in MSFS are pretty cool.
You can get a simultaneous chart/track view and profile/altitude view.

--Gary

Cheers,
John Clonts
Temple, Texas