Old March 9th 15, 11:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Why the cool kids do it....

That's because some of us Old Geezers (not me, BTW) will call you an
unsafe pilot and demand you arrive at the airport at "safe" altitude.
If you were young and cool and flying a parasail, they'd sing praises
for your exciting flying.

On 3/8/2015 6:37 PM, son_of_flubber wrote:
It's not just video production values. Shot from the groundhog's point of view, paragliding close to the ground is much more photogenic than soaring.

When my glider is close to the ground, I try to keep is as dull as possible.

--
Dan Marotta