Old April 3rd 17, 04:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Cobra trailer brake heating up

I adjusted the brakes on my Cobra trailer according to the directions from Cobra.
On the first test drive, the right brake drum got very hot in a few miles (about
240 deg F); the left brake drum got up to about 125 deg F.

Neither drum seems to be dragging when I jack up the wheel and spin it. I backed
off the right drum about 8-10 clicks, which reduced the temperature to 175 deg f
(but it was shorter drive). The brake handle still comes up to the correct position.

I'll back off the hot drum another 8 clicks, and see if it still gets hot, but I'm
wondering if I'm missing something here. Does anyone know why it's getting so hot
if it isn't dragging?