Old June 26th 09, 09:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jmarc

Default Jantar Standard Canopy

You are right again. We need only the rear part.
I took a look at the wings & wheels site. But not sure
if I saw the one you talked about! Is seems to be
a one piece full canopy without the little door.. So
I will get more informations from the dealer..

But the best way is to find out

So, lurking on the newgroup, I learn about the MecaPlex
company. They seems to be the best place to get a
replacement canopy. Maybe they built original parts for
glider constructors, too! But it might be a bit pricy.

The best might be

So if nobody here on the net have good condition used
canopy, I probably contact them to know how much it
will cost for the plastic part (hoping the door will be

"sisu1a" wrote in message
But I think it will not be available that way. So I post here to

know
if anybody have very good condition Jantar canopy used, to sell..?

Since it's a Std 2, now you should specify whether you need the front,
rear, or both sections since it's a 2 piece'r... There is a canopy
part that may be able to be fit for the rear section on wings & wheels
if you scroll down the page some...

http://www.wingsandwheels.com/Used%20Parts.htm

I know where a good canopy mounted to a frame for a Std 3 is should
you want to upgrade to a single piece canopy (there's already a few
2's out there with this conversion), although that's a 337 surgery as
opposed to mere maintenance... it sure is a nice view though!

-Paul