Old August 16th 17, 03:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Default GlidePlan reviews

It's probably the easiest way to prepare maps for contests and other "away events" where you want to be able to do flight planning in detail. The three key features for contests: Current sectionals. Easily locating the home point along with distance rings. Quickly putting the turnpoints on the map. Since I only use it infrequently (i.e. at new contest sites or when more than a couple of turnpoints are added/deleted at an existing site, I will say that it's not completely intuitive. Especially the process of loading the map files and getting the print set up correctly seems to be trial-and-error each time I use it (typically one every year or 18 months). I probably ought to just write down the procedures for those steps, but it always seems to be late Friday before heading out at o-dark-thirty for a practice day.

P3