Old March 21st 17, 03:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default We need an ASW-19 rebirth for $25,000

On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 9:24:16 PM UTC-4, Papa3 wrote:
If this is so incredibly important to you, why wouldn't you just do the research yourself. The data is there in the SSA Magazine archive. In today's dollars, the answer is "nowhere near $25,000". What's more telling is that the manufacturing of the PW-5 stopped and started at least twice under different ownership, going out of business each time. And, nobody took up the "offer" of license manufacturing which was part of the deal in the first place.

Darn you, you got me to go look. But it was worth it. For a laugh go read the University of Tennessee marketing study on the PW-5 in Soaring magazine December 1995 page 8.