Old March 23rd 04, 09:20 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, said:
On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 15:23:41 -0600, "Anyone"
wrote:
I have DC 13.4 with the headset's inc. converstion. It makes a huge
difference for not a lot of money.

I've seen the adds for this conversion but I don't know anything about
it. Would you (or someone) mind giving me the 30 second
indoctrination? Is it expensive? Is it something that I would
install from a kit? Thanks.

It's a kit that replaces the cords going into the ear cup with ones
containing a battery box, and the speakers inside the ear cups with a
smaller speaker, a tiny microphone, and a circuit board with some very
clever electronics. I didn't have the nerve to cut open my own Dave
Clarks, so I paid the guy at the Headsets Inc booth at Oshkosh $75 to
install mine for me. I think the kit itself was a hair over $200.

It gave me ANR while I still have the quality construction and lovely
gel ear seals of my existing Dave Clarks. My only quibble is that the
volume control on the ear cup doesn't work as well as it used to, which
means that when there are people without ANR in the plane you find the
intercomm almost painfully loud.

--
Paul Tomblin
http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/