Old January 12th 05, 05:48 PM
dlevy

I had a pitot/static problem as a new PPL (clear weather) that was very
exciting. Airspeed was fine till about 20 feet off the ground. At that
point airspeed would start dropping. I kept pushing the nose over and
airspeed kept dropping. I then realized rpm's were normal, the propellor
was attached, and everything sounded right. It scared the bejezus outta me.
Turned out to be water in the static line. Afterwards, I realized I was way
too dependant on that one indicator. Had it been IMC, it could have been
very ugly.

As someone else posted, I now keep an eye on gps ground speed on takeoff....
and I'm not even instrument rated yet.

"Gary Drescher" wrote in message
news
"Jeremy Lew" wrote in message
I recently had a pitot/static system failure on climbout,

Wow. What were the symptoms, and what turned out to be the cause?

--Gary