Old June 14th 04, 11:34 PM
Robert M. Gary

I suspect that the person who "counts" the points will quickly grow
tired of the task. The small book keeping that you agree to in the
begining ends up being a pain years down the road. Do you expect to
have a lot of problems in the partnership?
In mine, we created limits on the number of whole weeks you could
schedule per year but have never inforced them. We all work together
pretty well.
Also, if you compute your flight hour price and fixed montly price
correctly, no one will care how much the plane is flying unless they
want it at the same time.
-Robert

Andrew Gideon wrote in message gonline.com...
I posted here recently that the club to which I belong in Northern NJ:

http://flyingclub.org

has some memberships available. Through an odd chain of reasoning (and
searching the 'net for comparable clubs), I came upon what I found to be an
interesting thought. But is it "good" interesting or "bad" interesting?

I'm curious if any clubs use anything like this, or if it is a completely
foolish idea.

The scheduling policy we're currently using involves 4 points. A booking of
up to four hours costs a point; a booking over four hours (up to the
two-week limit) costs two points. So a member can have four short bookings
scheduled, two long bookings scheduled, or two short and one long bookings
scheduled.

This is pretty basic, works well, and schedulemaster supports it.

Club members are also owners, having an equity stake (which is returned when
one leaves).

So here's my thought: Do some clubs have similar rules, but with the option
to "purchase" additional points by purchasing additional equity?

- Andrew