Old November 28th 04, 07:43 AM
ThomasH

Jay Honeck wrote:

[...]
What we always found hilarious was that the locals would rail endlessly
about the horrendous traffic, yet would never vote the tollways -- the main
source of their traffic woes -- out of existence. In fact, most Chicagoans
I met supported them, refusing to see that stopping 16 lanes of traffic
every 15 miles to collect 40 cents was the root cause of their misery.

They do this Florida as well. As I was at Sun'n'fun and drove
from Lakeland to Cape Canaveral, I was stopped several times
to pay a quarter or so...

That's why we fly. Nothing enjoys me more than a look of an
avalanche of white and red lights along an interstate, end on
end, when I have my piece up there!

Now serious:
I believe that the issue here is different. Not being involved
with Chicago, I found the city fascinating and people very nice.
However, my friend with whom I landed at Meigs was born in
Detroit and he shares the "anti chicagoan" sentiment here.
They seem to be quite arrogant.

The punch line that only pilots like airports. Most of the
people in Chicago might believe that a new shoreline park
is a cute idea, but this is deceiving. Just imagine how in
gods name shall all the people be able to get there???
I see one giant car jam, maybe they will add one more
toll booth...

Thomas