Old October 5th 20, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2KA

Default Defective US CUB Airspace and TFR files

All,

Unfortunately, I have discovered a significant defect in my software that creates CUB airspace and TFR files for my website and the Soaring Turnpoint Exchange. The defect could cause incorrect information to be displayed when using the files. Affected files include all airspace and TFR files downloaded from my website (www.soaringdata.info) or from the Soaring Turnpoint Exchange since January 21, 2019. If you are using any of these, please discard it and download a replacement copy created today or later.

Corrected files and file generation logic has already been implemented on my website. It may take John a little time to generate replacements on the Turnpoint Exchange for individual sites.

For anyone interested in the specifics of the defect: a duplicate point filter was coded incorrectly, resulting in polygons that were not properly closed. How this might affect display of the airspace is somewhat unpredictable. For example, desktop SeeYou often tolerates the problem, but it occasionally causes missing or incorrect display of metadata such as the airspace name and vertical limits.

Thanks to Jim Staniforth, whose report led to the discovery of the underlying issue.

Apologies!

Lynn Alley
"2KA"