Old August 11th 07, 07:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Pjmac35

Default Open letter to Clark and others involved in the yEnc posts earlier

"Hub Plott III" wrote in message
Clark:

Last night my wife and daughter told me I had been very grumpy and
cantankerous all week. After giving me some examples I had to agree with
them. After re-reading our exchange it also appears that I let that sour
mood spill over here. Maybe it’s the heat (been 103-108F all week) but
still no excuse

My own issues with yEnc came about when I could not decode the images even
after downloading two different decoders and they not working with OE so I
just ignored the yEnc posts as I have no download limits and am not on
dial-up. Thanks to Indrek Aavisto’s post I found Fidolook which since
Thursday night has allowed problem free decoding to all the yEnc posts
here. I will still only post in the FAQ recommended formats but at least
now I can see what I have been missing and JPN has some outstanding shots!

What started out as a rational discussion and my suggestions on a couple
of ways to deal with yEnc posts depending on which side of the argument
you fall on since as you so rightly stated in a post that since it’s
Usenet people are going to do what they want as it is not moderated and
yEnc is not going to go away, quickly degenerated into a pointless tit for
tat ****ing match between the two of us. That was never my intention nor
do I believe it was your intention either. I am not a jerk nor do I wish
to act like one. Hopefully this post will end the arguing between us and
we can go back to plane pictures since that is why we all are here.

To the rest of the board I apologize for eating up a lot of download
space, and I wish Clark an enjoyable and relaxing weekend! And to keep on
topic I have added this picture.

A Sea Hurricane. two Barracudas, a Martlet, a Corsair and a Seafire!
Wonderful, but where taken? But there again, did Seafires have those
wing-strengthening strips fitted, or only Spitfires? Someone will know!

Regards

Pat Macguire