Old August 21st 07, 12:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Ray Andraka

Default panel Mounting 496

Jay Honeck wrote:

Insurance company boilerplate. Lawyers dictating life, yet again.

Installing the AirGizmo is simplicity itself. It enhances flight
safety by removing the clutter from the cockpit, and makes the 496 a
much more usable tool. For the FAA to be doing anything but embracing
this innovative device shows precisely how stupid a government agency
can be.

But that's no surprise.

Ray, c'mon back to the Midwest, where common sense prevails. Any of a
dozen shops will install it for ya, properly, with an A&P sign-off and
logbook entry.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Jay, I will if that's what it takes. My first preference would be to
install it myself under supervision of my A&P. I just have to make sure
he's willing to sign it off rather than having me either not log it or
sign it off as owner/pilot, neither of which is acceptable to me.