Old November 22nd 04, 03:56 AM
Howard Nelson

"R.T." brt5ATexeculink.com wrote in message
Hello all, may be some one could help me out. I purchased a 1967 C-182 K
this summer with a Continental 470. When I pull out the carb the RPMs drop
considerably(200+rpm). I believe that it is creating a rich mixture as on

run up I can get the rpms to come back up by leaning. I guess I'm just not
used to this kind of massive change and I'm wondering if its normal and if
there is anything I can do about it.

Working just fine. Doubt that happens when flying. You must mean on the
ground during runup. Unless you have a carb temp gauge the POH says full
carb heat when below the green (approach and landing). I have a carb temp
gauge and it sometimes goes into the yellow mid summer here in coastal
california when OAT is 70F+. In a 182 carb heat is your friend.

Howard C182P

---