Old September 13th 08, 02:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roger Worden

Default Children in gliders?

Thanks to all for the suggestions! I'll take a look at how a car seat with a
back will work in our Blanik L13. Should be do-able.

My 4-year-old granddaughter is a real thrillseeker (e.g. loves Space
Mountain and Matterhorn at Disneyland), so I think she's going to want to go
up soon.

"Roger Worden" wrote in message
Are there some common guidelines about how big or old kids should be
before going for a glider ride? My concerns are around the safety
harnesses being intended for adults...

How do you ensure the harness is safe and is not going to slip around or
off a kid?

Are there safe ways to use a booster seat to enable a small one to be up
high enough to see out, without a possibility of it becoming a loose
object in the cockpit?

Anyone have experience with this subject?