Old June 27th 05, 01:58 PM
Dave Butler

Brenor Brophy wrote:
If I had any money left I was going to put electric AI and HI over the
right seat yoke (back-up for vac failure).

Without addressing your main question... don't waste money on instruments at the
copilot position unless you frequently fly with a copilot who will use them. For
the left-seat pilot to use in an emergency, they are just too far out of your scan.

This is based on my experience with an electric AI on the copilot side. As we're
about to do a panel upgrade, one of the changes we will make is to move the
electric AI into the hole to the left of the radio stack formerly occupied by
the ADF indicator.

Dave