Old May 17th 04, 02:49 AM
Journeyman

In article , HECTOP wrote:

I really don't know what's the fuss is all about, there are tons of MiG's
outthere that cost way less than that, paying $2.5M for a certified a/c vs
under $500K for a real supersonic MiG fighter doesn't seem to make much
sense.

Ah, but a MiG would be certified Experimental/Exhibition. You'd need a
letter of authorization for every flight.

Either way these kinds of planes are a sure way into farming for an
average private pilot, won't even have time to get scared

Since I don't plan to buy the farm any time soon, I'm just dreaming in 24-bit
theater-quality visual resolution anyway.

It was just cool seeing the thing (Javelin) on the ground.

Morris
p.s. QOTW candidate: "...average pilot won't even have time to get scared"?