Old August 28th 04, 04:22 AM
Eric Greenwell

Dick Mockler wrote:

I was about to try to reglue the large piece of carpet located in the
lid over the brackets supporting the horizontal tail. It had
progressively detached itself beginning at the front all the way back
to the bracket and was hanging down about 30" leaving the foam
attached to the lid. I discovered that the foam was backed by a sticky
paper which could be pulled off leaving no trace. I am now looking
for asource for red carpeting with a sticky backing. Dick Mockler

You can buy your own sticky backing and apply it to the carpet of your
choice: it's called "double sticky carpet tape", at almost any place
that sells tape. I don't know how it compares to carpet with adhesive,
or how well it holds the stuff on when the temperature gets high.

Since the foam in the original carpet is so thin and doesn't provide any
needed cushioning, I figured I'd look for suitable carpet without it,
and avoid the foam delamination problem.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA