Old February 6th 07, 06:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Roger[_4_]

Default FAA MAY TAKE AWAY PANEL-MOUNT OPTION FOR PORTABLE GPS

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 14:21:36 -0800, "RST Engineering"
wrote:

Please define certified.

Please cite sources.

It's what we were told at one of the seminars. Don't remember which
now. Anything bolted down was considered to need to be certified as
in radios. Stick it down with velcro as it was supposed to be OK.
If it didn't need to be certified I'd stick my 100 watt Yaesu in there

Jim

"Roger" wrote in message
.. .

Anything panel mounted is already supposed to be certified.
That's why mine is clamped on the yoke.
(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com