Old February 14th 08, 05:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dave[_5_]

Default When to replace a prop?

I would only replace a prop if it suffered damage or failed to meet
the specifications. The prop on my plane (C-182) was overhauled in
1980 and again in 1996 - my mechanic recommended it due to "Time in
Service" - meaning calendar years since last O/H. The prop shop said
it was in better shape than most of the ones they see. This prop, also
a McCauley, has been basically trouble free.

An overhaul is a lot less expensive than replacement. If that would
buy you peace of mind, go for it!

David Johnson