Old February 24th 04, 11:49 PM
Krztalizer

Bush said 'God' told him to go for Iraq....
(Or get Saddam, or whatever the phrase was)

And people belived him !!!

That just blows my mind, sorry can't understand that at all.

Personally, I would rather have a spiritual leader than a religous leader, and
when it comes to global statesmanship, I actually prefer neither, or a man that
keeps his faith in a particular set of teachings private to his circle of
family - I don't see why Reagan's belief in astrology was frowned upon but Bush
II is commended for sounding as pulpity as he can manage. A deeply spiritual
leader is not a problem to me - but the same type of 100% surity in his
religion is a trait that both Bin Laden and Bush share. Bottom line: when you
think "God" *truly* supports your views and thinks less of the "unbelievers"/
heathens _______ fill in the blank, I think it should be pointed out that every
other religion thinks the same. Someone is wrong, or God is a sadist. I
prefer to think that at a minimum, 50% of humanity has guessed wrongly in
regards to "God".

v/r
Gordon
USN SAR

Donate your memories - write a note on the back and send your old photos to a
reputable museum, don't take them with you when you're gone.