Old May 3rd 18, 03:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default SPOT price increase ......

On Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 10:31:48 PM UTC-4, 2G wrote:
On Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 11:03:54 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Hey Evan it's your choice. All I said was that the 406link option exists. I chose to buy and carry a PLB, but not to subscribe to 406link at this time. I also chose to (finally) update my phone to one new enough to run IGCdroid, for (optional) cell-based tracking. I think the combination is fairly robust. If I crash and cannot activate the PLB then chances are the Glideport tracking will point out the location, although that is not guaranteed. Nothing is.

Which PLB did you buy?

Tom

ACR ResQlink+ model PLB-375. It comes in two slightly different versions, the larger one (2881) floats, the smaller one (2880) does not. Several members of our club use this same model.