Old March 12th 19, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default TOW PLANE Accident

When I had the power loss mentioned earlier in this thread, my wife and
I pulled the releases almost simultaneously.Â* I did a "stick left, stick
right, release pull" and looked over my shoulder.Â* She was already
gone.Â* Later that day, another man and I went looking for the rope and
found it literally right off the end of the runway.

On 3/11/2019 7:31 PM, Roy B. wrote:
I'm curious as to how many clubs or tow pilots have really trained and cut a glider loose?
[You are going to lose a tow rope every time you do that]

Most tow pilots have talked about it but never experienced it in the heat of the moment.
[Thank you, God]

We pull an unexpected release on our glider students. When do the tug pilots get the same unexpected training?
[When you screw up back there. Ain't no instructor in the back seat of a Pawnee]

[ROY]

--
Dan, 5J