Old November 18th 04, 07:17 PM
Gene Seibel

"Cory Scott" wrote in message ...
Does anyone know who is responsible for maintaining those red flashing
beacons on towers and hilltops? Government agency? County? State?
Federal?

This may sound weird, but I want that job. The whole outdoor aspect of it
interests me. The rural mountain roads, climbing high towers, the views! I
just don't have a clue who to talk to about it. Does anyone here know
anything about this?

Cory

Tower owners are responsible. Light outages that are expected to last
more than 30 minutes must be reported to the FAA and are supposed to
end up in NOTAMS. There are lots of tower companies (such as
http://www.ctctower.com/ ) that have traveling crews that work on
lights, antennas, and the towers themselves.
--
Gene Seibel
http://pad39a.com/gene/broadcast.html