Old September 29th 03, 11:38 PM
Vaughn

"M B" wrote in message
Hollister Gliding Club in northern california solos
students and uses the 2-32 as a primary trainer. I
think their reasoning is that it is useful for sightseeing
and for training, and for those who are 'big boned.'

I love the 2-32! It is like flying a 70's Cadillac and, when the
spoilers are opened fully, comes down out of the sky with about the same
enthusiam that a 1970 Cadillac would (about like an anvil). One potential
problem with the 2-32 and student pilots is that the spoilers can cause a
big change in pitch trim. Specifically, full spoiler deployment will really
slow you down if you do not put in some forward stick, much like a 1-34.

If I owned a glider operation I'd personally have
students solo an $8000 2-33 instead of a $35000

$35,000 is not out of line for the value of a basic trainer these days
(2-33's excepted).

, rare
and much sought after 2-32

I kind of watch the prices of 2-32's and they are apparently not quite
as rare or as sought after as they once were.

, but HGC seems to have escaped
damage to their gliders from students quite handily.

Good for them!

Vaughn