Old November 7th 14, 05:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default SeeYou 3-D View with Mac

I love my MacBook Pro (OSX 10.9.5) and SeeYou (6.17) running in Windows emulator VM Fusion (6.0.5), but I've never been able to get natural looking terrain in 3-D mode, either running the animation or stopped.

I have both vector and raster maps installed for the areas of my flight traces - the 2-D views are beautiful.

But the 3-D views are poor: either a matrix/wire mesh depicting the hills or, when I turn of the virtual machine's graphics acceleration, the terrain looks like a bad paint-by-numbers painting (in both cases the glider and trace image are fine).

I think I have my Tools/Options/Flight/3D View set up correctly: Show 3D terrain is checked, as is Raster Maps in Visible Layers (and I've played with most other combinations).

It's been a year or so since I sent a note with this to Naviter -- they confidently made suggestions -- but nothing's worked.

Ideas (or bad news that SeeYou just can't do this with a Mac)?

Thanks,

Eric
ER