Old March 11th 18, 04:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Default $75,000 2-33

On Friday, March 9, 2018 at 6:54:22 AM UTC-6, Tom wrote:

Son of Flubber has a point about the extra time as the few extra minutes per flight or the ability to soar in minimal lift is a difference maker. But - there are things that the 2-33 teaches uniquely/efficiently and it can be a lot more economical to learn in.

What other 2 seater can serve the purpose as a really cheap and durable trainer?

Tom, exactly what are the "things that the 2-33 teaches uniquely/efficiently"?

And is "cheap" really a valid criteria for a trainer? I don't think so - unless your standard of instruction is so low that you expect to break them frequently...

I won't even go into the "durable" myth - I've seen more broken 2-33s than any other training glider.

2-33s are kinda like Ford Pintos, if it's all you have you will make do with it, but underneath all it's still a crappy glider and a really lazy piece of engineering.

What other glider actually causes people to say "I'm not flying in that thing!"

Kirk
66