Old June 21st 04, 09:50 PM
Alan Minyard

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 01:30:13 +1000, Nuk wrote:

On 18 Jun 2004 12:00:25 GMT, Drewe Manton
wrote:

I'm not even convinced it was a sniper shot. . .looked like automatic
weapons fire to me. . repeated shooting and I picked out 2, maybe 3 tracer
rounds. Do we even know where it was taken (I don't speak the language of
the news reporter!).. might it have been Israel rather than Iraq?

Possibly a M249? with a 1 in 5 tracer round maybe?

I've also seen recently another video (do you think I can find it!) of
an Iraqi firing what looks like a 50 cal from the hip, he squeezes off
a burst, then ducks back out of the way when something nearly nails
him... you can see the impact/ricochet of the incoming round...

If he can shoot MaDeuce from the hip, he doesn't NEED a weapon.

Al Minyard