Old May 21st 20, 12:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard DalCanto

Default DG-303 spar issues - puchase?

On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 4:43:35 PM UTC-6, Paul wrote:
On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 2:58:27 PM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Cost to get info from the mfr. you can do a yearly, or case by case......thus "tax".

Below is what I found on DG's FAQ website (https://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/en/mai...vice-contract).

Am I reading this incorrectly?

"I own a glider made by your company, which I just purchased second hand. Do I have to conclude a Service Agreement?
No you don’t have to. All gliders built after 1996 by DG Flugzeugbau take advantage of our lifelong after-sales-service. You have virtually purchased it with your used aircraft. The same applies to customers who own such a DG- or LS-glider and want to sell it. The buyer does not have to sign a Service Agreement."

I should let John answer, but as far as I know his 303 is new enough that it qualifies for the lifelong after-sales-service.