Old September 21st 03, 06:33 PM
Walt BJ

SNIP:
Bill Kambic

P.S. On very rare occasions we deck ran S2s and C1s on INTREPID. It

could
only be done if the aircraft were very light.

If, by any act, error, or omission, I have, intentionally or
unintentionally, displayed any breedist, disciplinist, sexist, racist,
culturalist, nationalist, regionalist, localist, ageist, lookist, ableist,
sizeist, speciesist, intellectualist, socioeconomicist, ethnocentrist,
phallocentrist, heteropatriarchalist, or other violation of the rules of
political correctness, known or unknown, I am not sorry and I encourage

you to get over it.

That is a cool disclaimer. I like it. More sophisticated than the one
that ends "....and the horse you rode into town on, too!"

As for WW2 fighters landing on carriers, the RAF did just that
evacuating Norway in early WW2 - they landed 8 Hurricanes on Glorious
- without hooks. And Glorious was a small carrier, converted from a
WW1 'battle cruiser'. Unfortunately the ship was sunk on the way home
and only about two dozen people survived.
Walt BJ