Old January 26th 05, 04:33 AM
A Lieberman

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 22:10:43 -0600, John Clonts wrote:

I'm looking at the naco chart at http://204.108.4.16/d-tpp/0501/00576IL14.PDF

The procedure turn is applicable only if you start the approach at the BAYOU IAF. The "2000 noPT" designation
applies only if you start the approach at the CAESA IAF. The barb being inside or outside the 10nm ring is not
significant itself (though it shows outside the 10nm ring on the naco chart), but the profile view clearly
indicates that you must remain within 15nm on the procedure turn.

Hey John,

Thanks for your quick reply. What you say makes perfect sense!!! (I am
using the NACO chart as well) However....

I expect that most FSS briefers know very little about approaches

I should have said that the FSS gave me the following FDC.

FDC 5/0505 GPT FI/T GULFPORT-BILOXI INTL, GULFPORT, MS.
ILS OR LOC RWY 14, AMDT 14...
CHANGE PLANVIEW NOTE: PROCEDURE NA FOR ARRIVALS
AT CAESA VIA V552 WESTBOUND VICE V522 WESTBOUND.

IF and only IF I was wanting to do a full procedure approach coming from
any other direction then westbound, would a procedure turn be authorized
based on the above FDC? If not, what is this FDC about?

Have a great flight!

Tops are forecasted to be 5000, filed 5000 for starters as I am expecting
higher tailwinds at a lower altitude. Should be real good, but short
(almost too short!) *smile*.

Allen