Old December 2nd 06, 04:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Doug Palmer

Default Problem with Unison Lasar Ignition

Believe it or not, the last time somebody had a similar problem at our
field, they simply had two of the plug wires crossed up. It only really
showed at the highte power settings, just one more thing to confirm.

Good luck
"hmoser" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a PA-28R-180 with a Lycoming IO-360 engine. I did install your
Lasar ignition system 2 years ago and it did run without any problem
just until recently. Since 2 months I am experiencing problems with the
ignition. I have grounded the aircraft since then.

My observations:
Engine start is normal, also normal operation with Lasar on.

When I check the magnetos during engine run-up the engine does not run
smoothly on the LH magnet.
At low RPM's the problem is barely noticeable.
At 2000 RPM the RPM drop is within limits but the engine runs rough.
At higher RPM's (up to TO-power) the engine shakes and runs very rough
with a big RPM decrease.

I checked & replaced the LH spark plugs, the the main ignition switch
and checked the harness. I also removed, cleaned and
reinstalled/realigned the LH magneto without success.

Does anybody have a similar problem? a solution?

Thanks
Hans