Old December 1st 03, 01:15 PM
EDR

In article
. rogers.com, David
Megginson wrote:

Here are my questions:

1. Am I likely to get this routing if I file it? Perhaps someone familiar
with the U.S. portion (say, Syracuse to Philadelphia) can comment.

2. I'd prefer to land KPHL 26 for Atlantic Aviation, winds permitting. Is
it easy to get the ILS 26 approach? Once I'm in the Philly Approach area,
how will they be likely to route or vector me onto the approach? How do
they normally handle low-level, slow (Cherokee) IFR arrivals from the north?

3. Atlantic Aviation gets glowing reviews on AirNav.com. Any extra hints or
advice? Can I get tie-downs, or am I stuck with chocks?

Call or email them directly. Make a reservation. Ask about heated
hangar space and cost to put the plane inside the night before
departure. In the event the snow and ice begin, you will not be last on
the list by calling at the last minute. Get the name of the person you
talk to and log the date and time. Take it with you on your trip.

4. How flexible is customs and immigration in Philly? Are they easy to work
with? I can always land and clear U.S. customs at Watertown or Syracuse if
Philadelphia is going to be a pain.

Call PHL Customs directly. These are little feifdoms, they have their
own "local" rules. Be sure to ask for a badge number and or initials of
each person you talk to and log the date and time. Keep it with your
flight gear.

5. Any special issues with ATS enroute?

6. Anything I haven't thought of asking?