Old September 27th 19, 02:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Kawa rough landing?

On Thursday, September 26, 2019 at 1:13:07 PM UTC-7, Eric Greenwell wrote:
5Z wrote on 9/26/2019 12:21 PM:
lowered it to the slightly extended cooling position.

The "slightly extended cooling position" is about 30 degrees from the fuselage.
There is still all the stuff hanging in the breeze: the propeller, the radiator,
almost the entire mast, and the doors are fully open. It looks dreadfully draggy
to a pilot circling in the same thermal with you, but it's just like Tom says: the
drag is so small, you don't know it's there.

Right - here is a flight where I forgot to complete the cool-down process and flew for 3 hours with the prop in that position:
https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3....l?dsId=7393456
It is really hard to determine the glide degradation with the prop out, but I am sure there is some.

Tom