Old March 17th 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
John Szalay

Default American Mariner as aircraft target?

"DDAY" wrote in
ink.net:

----------
In article , John
Szalay wrote:

"DDAY" wrote in
news:dxSJh.12642$tD2.9931 @newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

American Mariner

http://www.flickr.com/photos/radiorover/155327673/

"TARGET SHIP" lat=38.0689553132, lon=-76.1251953469

Wow. Many thanks--for the photo links and the lat and long
coordinates. I am writing an article about tracking ships for a
magazine and looking to get as much info as I can.

Hahn, Herbert Paul, "American Mariner"
a documentary biography of her role as: Liberty Ship, Training Ship,
Missile Instrumentation Ship, Mystery Ship, Test Target. Published 1990
by American Merchant Marine Museum Foundation, Kings Point, New York.
ISBN 1-879180-00-6.

http://www.usmm.net/trainingship.html

this page has the book of blueprints for the ship.
George Calvert Completed as American Mariner
USMS training ship, to USN in 1961 as (AGM-12), sunk as target 1966,

Ships - Merchant

World War II
American Liberty Ships
EC2-S-C1 type