Old April 4th 11, 06:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default Good Digital Water Meter Wanted

On Apr 4, 9:50*am, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi,

I currently sell a nice mechanical water meter for use when filling the
glider wings. *It works great. *The only thing it is lacking is the ability
to zero the meter. *Therefore, you need to make note of the number before
you start filling and calculate what number you want to arrive at when full.
Also, it is quite heavy. *You can see it hehttp://www.cumulus-soaring.com/misc.htm#Water_Meter

I'm looking for a nice, accurate, small, simple, digital water meter that
can be reset to zero before you start filling your wings. *I will stock them
and sell them - assuming I can get them at a good cost by buying them in
quantity.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

When selecting a digital water meter be sure to check the range of
flow rates that the claimed accuracy is applicable to. I have found
that my digital meter is very repeatable but not accurate at the low
flow rate (approx 2 gal/min) achieved with my marine bilge pump.

My weight and balance spread sheet and my cockpit wing loading graph
are both set up for metered gallons, not actual gallons, so I don't
need to worry about the calibration error.

Andy