Old February 27th 17, 04:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default CHANGING AWC FROM STANDARD TO EXPERIMENTAL AIR RACING

Contact your FSDO for the best advice to change the airworthiness
certificate. But, perhaps the brake mod at least, could be done as a
field approval. Ask your mechanic about that.

On 2/27/2017 9:10 AM, ZZ wrote:
I have a PIK20B which has a Standard Airworthiness certificate. I want to change the AWC to Experimental Air Racing to facilitate two modifications: changing the drum brake to a hydraulic disk type and possibly the addition of winglets.

I would appreciate any advice and/or opinions from those who may have gone through this AWC change process.

Many thanks in advance,

Paul
ZZ

--