Old June 14th 04, 02:56 PM
EDR

In article , Bob Chilcoat
wrote:

Do people really have trouble landing single-engine a/c on 3,500' runways?

As they say in Minnesota and Wisconsin... "You betcha!"
Many pilots are flying waaaay too fast on final and floating halfway
down the runway before touchdown.
I did my BFR three weeks ago with an instructor I have alot of respect
for, but was shocked when he told me the approach speed he wanted me to
use in the Archer we were flying. During preflight I had calculated the
speeds for the weight we were operating at. The speed he had me flying
was 15 knots above where we should have been, resulting in alot of
float.