Old July 6th 04, 02:15 PM
A. Spindelberger

"F.L. Whiteley" wrote in message ...
"F.L. Whiteley" wrote in message

"Carter" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have an older aluminum Cobra trailer (1983) and need a new (another)

axel.
Spindleberger says the company ESPE that built the original axel and

brakes
is no longer in business and not sure a custom one from his current

supplier
will be worth it ($$$$$). Does anyone have a wrecked old Cobra that

might
have a good axel and brakes for sale, OR, do you know of a good

replacement
axel? I am, of course, hoping to find a replacement axel with brakes

that
will marry to the current hand brake system on the trailer, but will
certainly consider other approaches.

Any advice or help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Carter

I feel, there is some misunderstanding.

Please know, that axle and tow bar have to be seen as a unit on
trailers with overrunning brakes. It is not possible to make a
combination from parts from different supplyers.
The manufacturer of your axle( Peitz) is not on the market any more.
A little factory manufactures the spare parts for all this axles of
the former Peitz company.
And they are able to make a axle for your trailer. Because it is
handcrafted from spare parts,it willbe relatively expensive and need
some time. The better way would be to use a axle and a tongue from our
current supplyer,the ALKO company. So,axle and tongue will cost less
as the Peitz axle allone ,both are from more modern design and can be
delivered next day.
Best regards, AS

Try
http://www.dexteraxle.com/georgia