Old July 7th 04, 02:16 PM
Chuck Gerlach

Talk to Midway!

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Nathan Young" wrote in message

Good question. I don't have my latest sectional, but I'm pretty sure
the Class D airspace is still depicted. Anyone have one handy to
double-check?

I've got one. Meigs Field is depicted in magenta, the airport data block
says "Meigs (closed)". The surface area is depicted by a blue segmented
circle with an upper limit of 3100 feet. There is no entry for Meigs in

the
Airport/Facility Directory. The Aeronautical Chart Bulletin says nothing
about the Class D surface area, nor has any NOTAM been published. The CGX
approaches have been removed from the TPP.

Controlled airspace changes have to go through the entire rulemaking
process. An NPRM was issued last July, the 90 day comment period ended in
October, and we await a decision. You'd think the decision would have

been
made by now, as there's only one way it can go.