Old August 28th 03, 12:47 PM
ian .at.bendigo

Default Calculating CL for various wing shapes

Check NASA it's there somewhere.

"Dave Hyde" wrote in message
Dan wrote:

Where would I find formulae for determining CL for various wing shapes

like
delta, swept, rectangular etc?

There are a bunch o' different ways, most any airplane design
book should cover at least one of them. The first book I grabbed
off the bookshelf, McCormick's "Aerodynamics, Aeronautics, and Flight
Mechanics" covers it well, I suspect the others do just as good
a job. You might try a google search on '3D wing design', 'lift
curve slope', and maybe throw in 'aspect ratio' and 'sweep' if you
can't find a good design book locally. If you want more
detail than you probably need, you can also search on 'vortex
lattice.'

If you're desperate, drop me a note and I'll send you some
relevant stuff.

Dave Lednicer, Dave Munday, where are you guys? g

Dave 'Sid Viscous' Hyde