Old September 1st 10, 07:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

Default Just pull the little red handle!

Interesting! I had wondered about this possibility, but never saw
anything on it. Sounds like you know more than you're saying - where
could I go for more details? Send it to me off line, if you like.

-John

On Sep 1, 2:18 pm, "kirk.stant" wrote:
BTW, if all else fails and you are unable to physically get out of you
cockpit after a collision, just jettison the canopy, undo the straps,
lean forward and pull your D-ring. You WILL leave the cockpit. It
WILL hurt. You MAY survive. Beats the alternative, though!