Old January 14th 04, 02:30 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 02:07:35 GMT, Dave Hyde wrote:

Further aside, they salvaged a bunch of stuff from her bar when
it closed/burned/was abandoned/whatever. For a time there was a
room in the EDW Officers' Club decorated with the stuff. I was never
there when the room was open, but several times found a sympathetic
bartender who would let us in. As good as most museums I've seen.

It's kind of a corollary to the Aviation Museums thread...good collections
of memorabilia that's on display in non-public venues. The Aerospace
Corporation has a neat collection of Jimmy Dolittle stuff on display in one
of their buildings (Dolittle was a company officer).

Ron Wanttaja