Old February 3rd 04, 02:24 PM
Skyking

(chris) wrote in message . com...
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I was inquiring about traing for a rotorcraft license. Initially for a
private license and eventually going commercial. I'm a former flight
paramedic and wanted to get into the pilot seat, however the pilots I
work with have all received their training in the military so for a
civilian like me they arent much help other than a great resource..

I was wondering about anyones thoughts or ideas on receiving training.
Do the Mom n Pop shops provide adequate training and experience? or
would I receive more/better from a larger company? I know mostly it
depends on me.
Would it be better or helop any to obtain my private pilot license 1st
then "convert" to the rotary? Has anyone had experience with this
process?

Due to costs, it would be wise to get your Airplane, Commercial-Instrument
or at leat Commercial before working on the Rotorcraft Rating.
You can read FAR Part 61 for the hourly requirements.

Oh, BTW, "Catch 22", once you obtain that coveted rating all of the
ptoential employers will want you to have logged thousands of hours
that you won't have.

Good luck,

Skyking