Old October 11th 06, 08:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Gary Drescher

Default NDB Bearing Intercepts & Rotatable Compass Card ADFs

wrote in message
ups.com...
Near the end of the lesson, for
just a few seconds, he describes the rotatable compass card with what
amounts to a brush-off and comment that experienced pilots leave the
card on North.

I have a rotatable compass card ADF. In my limited experience, NDB
bearing intercepts are easier if the card is aligned with my heading.

I prefer to leave the card on North so it doesn't have to be changed if my
heading changes. But I'd suggest doing it whichever way you find more
convenient.

--Gary