Old July 7th 03, 05:03 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Jughead" wrote in message
.21...

And how much personal experience do YOU have with the military? I've been
an active or full-time Reserve airman for 8 years now. I can tell you
that affirmative action has nothing at all to do with what positions
blacks hold in the military (or at least the Air Force). Those who have
advanced through the ranks have almost certainly earned the privilege to
have been promoted to whatever their rank may be.

Since you mention written tests, however, active duty airmen (E-4 and up)
have to take 2 written tests each cycle, if eligible for promotion (based
on Time In Grade requirements), to attempt to get themselves promoted to
the next rank - one the Skills Knowledge Test (SKT) and the Performance
Fitness Exam??? (PFE). Both factor heavily into scores used in
determining who gets a "line number" for the next rank and who doesn't.
Many who DO get line numbers are black or otherwise non-white.

So take your ignorant, racist BS somewhere else. Or better yet, grow up
and learn to accept the fact there really are many decent, respectable,
and even smart minorities out there.

Why don't you read his message again?