Old July 7th 03, 12:20 PM
Pete

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote

"Jughead" wrote in message
.11...

I read it several times. Am I confused with what he's getting at or are
you the one who's confused? I interpreted his post as being anti-
affirmative action (which I'm completely against myself), but done so in
what I perceived as a racist tone. ????? What did you take the post

mean?

I believe you are the one confused. I find nothing in the message racist

in
tone.

I did.

Read into it a little.
"However the reason the Trugegee Airmen worked, indeed the reason
integration
has not degraded the effectiveness of the US military is this: Selection
on the basis of merit and IQ tests. "

Or,
"Had integration not been based on merit and IQ, US military effectiveness
would have been degraded."
While this may be true, it is also true of anyone selected for pilot
training, be they white, black, or green with pink polka dots.

Pete
[disclaimer: both my father and my uncle were TA pilots]