Old November 6th 07, 04:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Lonnie J. Potter

Default SO WHAT DID YOUR PARENTS DO IN THE BIG WAR

Dustoff, I would like to see if my Uncle would be in some of those photos if
you could scan them and post them.

Thanks,

Lonnie

"Dustoff" wrote in message
Also I forgot one of my uncles was in the south paciffic but have no idea
where or what they did, or what bracch he was in.. My Aunt's husbands
brother was in the Army Air Corp during the war I do have pictures where
he was stationed in Austrailia and New Guinea.

"Dustoff" wrote in message

"SHIVER ME TIMBERS" wrote in message
Well after watching the Ken Burns series THE WAR ad naseum ad naseum,
I thought I'd come into the group today with one of my curious
questions.

What did your parents, family, etc. do in the big WWII.

Mine worked at the Canada Car foundry in what was then called
Fort William, Ontario.

They were inspectors helping to make Hawker Hurricanes and later other
types of figthers including the Curtis Helldiver.

How about your folks.....

My Father tried to enlist in the army, they rejected him because his
right forearm was about 3/4 inch shorter than his left forearm. That was
due to his right forearm had been broken when the saddle on the horse
slipped and he ended up under the horse and he fell out of the saddle and
the horse stepped on his right arm breaking it. The army doctors
rejected him because they believe that he would have problems pulling the
trigger on their rifles. He did however work for the war effort by
getting a job where they built PTO boats.