Old December 24th 07, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
flash

Default Aircraft design tool ?

Now THAT is impressive, especially at the price, and the processor it will
run on. Wowie, just one more toy to occupy my idle mind on winter evenings
when the honey-do's are all done (as if that will ever happen) 8-)

Thanks, really

Flash

"cavelamb himself" wrote in message
flash wrote:
Yeah, something missing, for sure.

http://sketchup.google.com/index.html

Take that, Usenet!

Flash

"flash" wrote in message

My brother, who is into woodworking, pointed this out to me. I wonder if
it is of any use to aircraft designers?

There is a free version and a pay-for-play, but they both seem to be
competent, capable things. Anybody else even seen this??

How about it, VeeDuber?

Flash

Ah, ok. I see waht you are talking about now.

I like this one a lot better.
http://www.imsidesign.com/Products/D...1/Default.aspx

Version 18 3D MAX is at Frys for $69.

It doesn't HAVE to have a really hot computer to run properly.
(But it of course helps - 2Ghz cpu, 2 Gig Ram is nice)

I ran version 2000 on 500 mhz AMD K6 for several years - quite
satisfactory.

The deal is, you see, for AIRPLANES (and boats) you really need cubic
spline curves. Without that, you got nothing but houses...

Richard

Some examples?

aircraft:
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb/l-one.htm